Commercial properties are regular customers of companies that offer professional pressure cleaning, mainly because of their scale. But, as a homeowner, there are many benefits to your property too. Cleaning sidewalks, decks, and patios will instantly give the property a refresh, for example, and using the machinery on the walls is an affordable alternative to painting them. You get the same, well-maintained look, with half the effort and cost.
Maintaining the outside of your property is hard work. It takes time, energy, and effort. Using a pressure washer, you can easily remove stubborn debris with no scrubbing. You won't need to get down on your hands and knees or spend hours bending over either. You can use a pressure washer standing upright.
Let’s look at other ways pressure washing can save you time:
- You don’t need a garage full of specialised cleaning materials
- You don’t need to spend the day climbing up and down ladders
- It’s easy to wash hard-to-reach areas
So, what are the other benefits?
- Various contaminants settle on your exterior walls and sidewalks. They range from the annoying (dust) to potentially dangerous (mould). Pressure washing blasts these away, contributing to cleaner air in your home.
Another ‘healthy’ outcome is that you can use a pressure washer to remove algae from brick and pathways that could become slippery when wet – a hazard that can lead to nasty falls. Keeping those walk areas clean will also delay their decay, which also improves safety outcomes.
- Do you ever walk into a property and get the sense that it's well maintained and cared for? This is what those in the real estate game call ‘curb appeal’. When you sell your home, this is the impression you want to give potential buyers. You also want it to stand out from other homes in the area that you might be competing with for a sale. A professional pressure washing contractor will know exactly how to clean the driveway, sidewalks, and dust and mildew off your home’s wall.
What are the pros of pressure washing vs. hand washing?
- You don't need any heavy-duty cleaning products or chemicals.
- Pressure washing is easy on the environment. Pressure washing will not introduce harmful chemicals into the environment, making it an eco-friendly option. You’ll also avoid water wastage, as pressure washers use less water compared to water used by a garden hose. That’s because the force applied by pressure washers results in less water being needed. A pressure washer expels water 50 times the force of a hose.
- Cleaning your floors by hand removes dirt and debris, but it seldom leaves them looking like new. A pressure cleaner will remove stains, grime, and other residues that can impact the integrity of your flooring over time. If you want to remove dullness and reduce the chances of corrosion and cracks, pressure cleaning is the way to go.
- Hand washing your roof is dangerous, and a lengthy task. That’s why professional roof cleaners need to be called in to do this job. They also know how to correctly use a pressure hose to clean your roof without damaging it. A professional cleaning contractor will solve your issues with mould, moss, and lichen. They save you time, sweat, and even money because a DIY job can easily go wrong if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Before you invest in a pressure cleaner, identify the tasks you commonly will want to perform in your property. It may be worth your while to find a cleaning contractor instead. Here's why:
- They have industry-standard equipment, and they look after it. These come with higher capacities of water and greater pressure, so they’ll perform better than a store-bought kit. Plus, you'll have the benefit of the latest models and technology that they will invest in. If you buy a pressure cleaner, it will sit in your garage and not get serviced and cleaned enough, because, let's be honest, you just don't know how, or have the time.
- They know the right product for the task at hand. Your team will identify the source of the stain or grime and remove it with the correct product that won’t damage the surface of the material they are cleaning. They also know the suitable pressure and temperature to use.
- They have the required training, licensing, and insurance.
The best news is that you can schedule a cleaning team to come to your property while you are out or at work. You'll return home, and all the mess and clean-up jobs will have been done as part of the service. You get to sit back and enjoy your sparkling clean property – without any aches and pains from having to do the work by hand yourself.