Best Corded Impact Wrench – Reviews and Top Picks
When you are used to getting serious fix-it or construction work done around your house, you know how important having the right tools can be. Without a proper tool set, some of none of the work that you can do would be possible. When it comes to simple things like screwdrivers and Impact wrenches, you can stick to something basic. With them, you don’t have to shell out a lot of money to get a reliable tool because the design and functionality is fairly simple.
When you are looking at more complex tools like power tools, you are probably going to have to do a little more shopping around to make sure that you get something that suits your needs.
One power tool that is absolutely essential to your tool kit is having a best corded impact wrench. Today, we are going to look at five of the top performing impact wrenches and go over some of the key pros and cons of each of them. Hopefully, this will help you make an informed decision about which impact wrench would suit your handy work best.
Top Corded Impact Wrenches - Comparison Chart
DEWALT DCF880B 20-Volt 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench Kit
Milwaukee 2763-22 M18 1/2" Inch Impact Wrench
Ingersoll Rand 2145QiMax 3/4-Inch Composite, Impact Tool
NitroCat 1200-K 1/2-Inch Kevlar Composite Air Impact Wrench
ACDelco ANI405 1/2-inch Impact Wrench Pneumatic Tool
Top Best Corded Impact Wrench Reviews
This compact impact wrench would make a nice addition to any tool set. The first and most noticeable aspects of this impact wrench that you will pick up on are that it is really short and lightweight. With a length of less than six inches, this wrench is great for using in tight spots where you don’t have a lot of room to wiggle. It is also really lightweight, so that your hand won’t fatigue while you are using it for long periods of time. The handle is comfortably textured and ergonomically designed for control and convenience.
- The first aspect of this corded impact wrench you will notice is that it comes in a compact package. This tiny wrench only measures 5.7 inches front to back, so it is great for using in tiny or hard to reach spaces.
- When you pick up this wrench to use it for the first time, you are going to notice that it is noticeably lighter in weight than many other models. This compact wrench weighs in at only 3.4 pounds, which makes it easy to store and easy to use without fatiguing your hand, wrist or arm.
- Another handy aspect of this impact wrench is that it uses three LED lights to illuminate the area where you are using your wrench. The three light design eliminates shadows so that you can get a clear view of the space that you are working in.
- This wrench has an anti-slip grip, that is ergonomically textured for your comfort, convenience and the maximum amount of control.
- Not as strong as you would hope for. If you need an impact wrench for some heavy-duty jobs, this might not be the best choice for you.
If you are looking for a powerful impact wrench with a long-running battery, you would definitely take a look at the Milwaukee 2763-22. This wrench can get up to 700 foot-pounds of torque or 1,100 foot-pounds of nut-busting torque without any issue. This powerful wrench comes stocked with a REDLITHIUM XC battery that gives you twice the battery life when compared to other competitor wrenches. It is the best corded impact wrench in the market.
- This powerful impact wrench can deliver up to 700 foot-pounds of torque, so that you can fasten heavy things as quickly as possible. This model also gives you up to 1,100 foot-pounds of nut-busting torque.
- This unit is chargeable and battery powered, so that you don’t have to use it with a cable attached to it. This model from Milwaukee has a REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 battery pack that boasts twice as long of a run time when compared to similar impact wrenches.
- This wrench uses a top of the line brushless motor which gives you two major benefits. The first is that it puts out more power than motors that don’t use brushless technology. The second is that it provides less friction in the motor, so that it runs cooler than other models.
- The Redlink Plus built-in intelligence that this wrench features gives you the ability to choose between two different fastening modes, with the assistance from Milwaukee’s signature drive-control feature.
- This model uses a ½ inch anvil with a friction ring so that you can change out sockets faster and easier.
- Because of the location of the switch, you can be prone to accidentally switching the mode of your wrench.
- Because this wrench is super powerful, it is also really heavy.
This sturdy and powerful wrench can get you up to 1,350 foot-pounds of reverse torque. It derives its power capacity from a seven vane air motor, which is actually 16 percent more energy efficient than the motor on this previous Ingersoll Rand model. This is a heavy, rugged wrench that is built for rough conditions and a lot of good use. It even comes with a two year limited warranty.
- If you have the need for a heavy duty impact wrench, this model could definitely be a prospect for you. It boasts an impressive 1,350 foot-pounds of reverse torque so that you can quickly and safely change out heavy sockets or nuts
- This is a really short model, which makes it really great for working in tight spaces, where you don’t have a lot of room to move.
- This wrench is built like a brick and has tons of durability. This wrench was made to be used in tough, rugged environments with a high work demand.
- This company is so sure of the performance and toughness of this design that it comes with a two year limited warranty.
- This wrench uses a specially designed air motor that is 16 percent more energy efficient than the previous generation of this model. This will help give you more power when you are using it, and it will also keep it cooler when you are operating it.
- On this wrench, you have an inlet screen that is really easy to clean, which means that you have less downtime with this wrench when you are on the job. With this you are going to get better performance of your wrench, and you are going to save money on compressed air.
- One of the reasons that this impact wrench can deliver so much power is because of the seven vane motor that it uses.
- This is a heavy model that is meant for serious socket work. Depending on what you are using this for, it may have more weight and power than you need, which can make it cumbersome.
There are a lot of unique features that this NitroCat wrench has to offer. The first is that it is made of durable kevlar composite that can sustain heavy work demands, even impact from drops. It even features a handy exhaust that keeps debris away from your face while you are working.
- NitroCat states that this impact wrench model from them is the most powerful ½ inch model in its class.
- This may also be one of the most durable wrenches that we are going to look at in this review. The outer shell of this wrench is made from a durable kevlar composite housing which can handle heavy work, impact and drops.
- This wrench uses a comfortable, ergonomically designed handle which keeps work comfortable and can dramatically reduce the amount of fatigue that you get while you are working.
- Another major benefit to going with this wrench is that it uses patented quiet technology to keep the operating noise level down to 86 decibels, making this one of the quietest tools in this review.
- It uses a hard-hitting twin clutch mechanism to give you ample power when adjusting and changing sockets.
- Another awesome feature that this wrench offers is an exhaust that moves debris through the handle so that you can keep it out of your face.
- It is a powerful wrench, but it might not be the best for heavy socket work.
This ACDelco wrench is a decently powerful wrench with a really durable housing. This wrench is protected by a durable and lightweight aluminum alloy casing, to protect it from damage and wear. It is also useful for keeping your arm from fatiguing when you are using it.
- This impact wrench from AC Delco has a twin hammer mechanism that hits hard and makes it really easy to fasten and remove just about anything.
- This wrench is protected by an aluminum alloy housing that is both durable and lightweight, so that you don’t get fatigued while you are using your wrench.
- This is a powerful wrench that runs at 7,000 rotations per minute and has 500 foot-pounds of maximum torque
- This unit has three different forward speeds and one reverse speed for a variety of different fastening and loosening options
- This model doesn’t have a high torque rating.
How To Choose The Right Corded Impact Wrench
What are the advantages of Impact Wrenches?
Impact wrenches are ideal for tightening and loosening mechanisms that you commonly find on large machinery or automobiles. These wrenches can use a number of different sources for power, including batteries, compressed air and even hydraulic. The most common way that you find these wrenches powered it by compressed air.
Things you should be looking for in an Impact Wrench.
The first qualities that you should be looking for in a quality impact wrench is the amount of torque and reverse torque that your wrench can produce. This will give you a better idea of how effective the wrench is going to be in tightening and loosening nuts that are on devices.
The next thing that you should keep in mind when shopping for a reliable impact wrench is what kind of material it is made out of. Depending on what capacity you are going to be using your impact wrench in, make sure that it is made of some kind of durable and lightweight material. Make sure that it is comfortable to grip and use. You can take Cordless Impact Wrench or Corded Impact Wrench according to you choice.
What's the best way to use this product?
The best way to use these devices is in the context of vehicles or heavy machinery. It is common to see these tools being used by automotive mechanics and anyone who is operating or working on any kind of heavy machinery or piece of construction equipment.
Prerequisites to Using the Product
Before you decide to get your own impact wrench, you be sure that you are comfortable using one. Make sure that you have learned how to use an impact wrench from someone who is experienced in using one. Be sure that you are comfortable using one under professional supervision, before you use one on your own.
Which is the best corded impact wrench came out on top in this review? Personally, we believe that the Milwaukee 2763-22 is the highest performing and most reliable impact wrench in this entire review. This powerful impact wrench from Milwaukee has everything you need in an effective impact wrench in terms of durability and power