See our guide to the best camping tents of 2019. Read detail reviews of top outdoor tents for families, base camping, car camping, personal travel from Coleman, NTK, Core and many more. Selection can be made from 1 person to 11 person tents.
All listed below tents are high quality, best according to the price and offerings. Choose how many people you will accommodate to make purchase, otherwise all below outdoor tents are very highly positively reviewed by many outdoorers, hikers, picnickers alike.
- Cabin-like 10-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds.
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry.
- Hinged front door for easy entry and room divider for extra privacy.
- Sets up easily in 15 -20 minutes.
- Measures 17 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height. 17x9 includes screened area as well. It has a footprint of 17x9 so yes that includes the screened porch.
- A patented hinged door offers easy in and out access.
- WeatherMaster 10 Tent includes a limited one-year manufacturer's warranty.
When used with the room separator, is the rear door a separate entrance?
Yes. When the room divider is in place it divides the tent exactly in half right down the middle in line with the center support pole. If entering the tent through the front door (the hinged door) with the divider in place, you will enter the right side of the tent. If you enter through the rear door (which is not hinged), you will enter the opposite side of the tent. Each door opens to the opposite side of the center support pole. Hope this helps.
Check out our top best camping tent reviews that will be a great addition in your picnic, camping or any type of outdoor events.
List of Our Top Models for 2019
Recommended Top 10 Best Tent Reviews
Coleman is an extremely trusted brand for outdoor products.
With enough room to fit three queen size air beds, the Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Tent feels more like a house than a tent. This camping tent is tall enough to stand in comfortably and comes with a hinged front door and a zippered back door to let people come and go easily. The backpacking tent is designed with the WeatherTec system that features patented welded floors and inverted seams to help ensure you stay dry if it starts to rain.
The Variflo adjustable ventilation system allows you to customize cooling comfort, while reverse-angled windows let in the light and air but not water. This heavy-duty tent sets up quickly thanks to color-coded poles and continuous pole sleeves and stores conveniently in the included carry bag. Under certain conditions (cold weather, high humidity, etc.) condensation will form on the inside of your tent. Condensation is caused by water vapor from your breath, perspiration, or any wet clothing inside theis not leakage through the tent fabric. It can be minimized by removing wet clothing from your tent and by providing good ventilation through the tent.
- We were able to fit two queen sized air mattresses and our bags with plenty of room to spare.
- You can hang light or anything you want on the center of this tent as it has a ring.
- There's a little zippered corner for an extension cord. Now you can run your propain heater hose or any other electric item.
- 2 Person more than enough to setup. 1 person took almost 15 minutes for the first time.
- More durable.
- Easier break down. This thing was even easier to break down than it was to set up. We read that people had difficulty fitting the tent back in the bag, but we had no issues the two times we've put it in and I imagine it'll get easier as the tent breaks in. It does help to have two people roll up the tent and hold the bag closed while the other zips it.
- Airflow. The entire roof is screened and the tent has large windows on each side so there's good airflow when the rainfly is off. It is a bit stifling once the rainfly is up, but that's to be expected with any tent in hot weather.
- Everything is in there that you need for setup,assuming you have a hammer/mallet.
- Leak-free Seams: In addition to fully-taped rainfly seams, the rainfly covers doors and windows, and incorporates easy-to-use Velcro frame attachments.
- Weather-resistant Fabric: Coated polyester fabric combined with anti-wicking thread, webbing, and zippers are designed to keep you dry.
- Wind Strong Frame: Engineered to be a stronger, more wind-responsive frame by using redesigned poles and guy-out triangles to anchor tents and increase performance.
- Protected Seams: Inverted floor seams dramatically increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent, away from the elements.
- Waterproof Floors: Welding technology strengthens the tent floor and eliminates needle holes
Zipper Protection: Zipper cuff adds protection from the elements to the door.
- Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent shock-corded fiberglass poles which is very strong.
- It has hinged door! There is also velcro tabs along the door way for constant in and out traffic.
- Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent has zip on the bottom between sleeping area and porch area. The sleeping part is completely separated by screen and solid flap. Totally zippered all the way around.
- Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent has angled windows, which you can keep open in the rain, help keep the water out while allowing for extra air circulation.
- Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent has Storage Pockets within easy reach and off the floor. They are mesh pockets conveniently sewn into the side of the tent's walls.
- A zipper cuff made of weather-resistant fabric definitely adds protection from the elements to the door.
- Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tenthas protected Seams. These inverted seams increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent.
- 33% off as of today when this review was written!
- Does not come with a "built in" interior LED lighting system and "auto-rolling" window shades unlike other expensive models.
- It's not COMPLETELY waterproof, Some water was dripping on our heads and we ran into town for a tarp. I sprayed the rain fly with water repellent and now don't have any issues. But I don't feel that should be necessary to stop the water from pouring in.
- The metal stakes can bend out of shape if you aren't careful with how and where you stake them.
I am not surprised at the durability & look of the NTK Arizona GT 9 to 10 Person Sports Camping Tent. It is 100% waterproof. Is 17.4 by 8 foot, 2500mm size. Company has reputation in over 27 countries worldwide. covered by a lifetime replacement on the poles. What can I expect from such a highly reputable manufacturer? Only superior quality. ARIZONA is becoming the choice for family camping in USA. 2016 and 2017 it ranked #6 as the best family camping tent in America and we are looking forward to move on to the #4 in 2018.
I wouldn't exactly call this a free-standing tent, because the screen room will fall inward without tying and staking it off.
- High Quality Floor
- Fiberglass Poles
- Divider has Zipper
- Rainfly covers entire tent
- 100% waterproof
- Spacious and well thought out design elements
- All the stitching looked strong and reinforced where necessary
- It took two of us about 15 minutes to assemble, and about 10 minutes to get it down and packed into the included pouch.
- 10 people can sleep.
- A bit expensive
- Opaque screen
- Only 6 Months Manufacturer Warranty
The CORE 9 PERSON INSTANT CABIN TENT by Core has 14’ X 9’ floor plan can sleep 9 adults in sleeping bags not counting additional gear. It can also sleep fewer campers with lots of luggage. Fits 2 air beds, is water resistant (but not waterproof). This huge beautiful family tent also has removable rainfly, advanced venting.
This includes all required accessories and is a value product considering the price and quality of this camping tent. Dimension is 48 x 11 x 10.5 inches. CLICK HERE for Warranty.
- They also come in Wine color, same price. Here is link.
- Fits 2 queen mattresses.
- Both doors have panels that zip closed on the windows for privacy.
- Awesome for upto 9 people.
- Has 2 doors as most do.
- Inexpensive compared to Coleman while same size Coleman has just 1 door. Click here if you like Coleman version.
- According to many buyers, this is the most easy to setup tent. One person can setup in 3 to 5 minutes.
- Additional areas to attach guy lines.
- Is heavy
- Is water resistant but not completely waterproof.
- In some pieces, two center posts do not touch the ground when the tent is up. But its not such a bif deal and if yes you will have to exchange.
Coleman Sundome 4 sleeps 4 happy campers and includes a large door for easy entry/exit with a hooded fly to provide ventilation even in rain. A large rear hooded window also provides airflow for cross ventilation. Mesh vents on the roof provide additional ventilation and the rugged 1000D polyethylene floor is a bathtub style (wraps up the sides) for extreme weather protection and has welded seams, even in the corners, to guard against a leaky floor.
One of the best features of this model is the conveniently run an extension cord through the E-Port to bring electrical power into your tent. It has nice storage pocket which hangs inside against tent wall.
Among other quality features with this tool is the protected Seams. Inverted seams increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent.
Coleman manufacturers have manufactured tents, tools and many best of the best outdoor products that have transformed traditional outdoor products, tools and workshops and set a high standard in the this niche industry. They understand what you need in a best tent. This particular tent is a perfect example of such high standards. It also has waterproof floor, zipper protection whose cuff also is weather resistant. This beautiful tent is Engineered to be a stronger, more wind-responsive frame with redesigned poles and guy-out triangles.
- Setup - Easy. Set up by myself, with rain fly, in under 15 minutes. Didn't have to look at the directions. Only suggestion would be to put the word "front" somewhere on the rain fly to indicate which way it goes. However, a quick glance at the packaging will tell you.
- Materials - the tent material seems to be of good quality, and should hold up well when taken care of. The zippers are not heavy duty, but i see no issues with them. The floor is heavy duty tarp material.
- Carry bag - the tent comes neatly packed in a carry bag, with tent, poles, rain fly, ground stakes, door mat, and instructions.
- Screens - the tent has large screen panels on the "ceiling", which makes for a great view when the rain fly is not on. There is an additional window, and screen on the door for extra viewing and airflow.
- Floor Vent - there is a vent near the rear of the tent, which allows for additional airflow.
- Cord access - there is a small zippered panel in the front corner, that let's you run an extension cord into the tent.
- Lightweight, sturdy and durable
- Large windows and a ground vent for superior ventilation.
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry.
- Footprint - the tent doesn't come with a footprint, though I imagine this helps keep the cost so low. Not a big deal, I use a tarp anyways.
- Door Screen - the upper half of the door can be unzipped to reveal the screen window. I really would have liked if the entire door could be screen, not just the top half.
- Stakes - The stakes are just ok in my view. They are the generic skinny steel ones. I would recommend spending an extra $10 bucks and buy some good stakes.
The Core 6 person tent is an ideal choice you can make when it comes to quality, price. This tent has water repellent fabrics, Sealed seams and fully taped rainfly, Rain-resistant door/window seals.
The Core tent for 6 person is imported, has electrical pole access and is highly reviewed by many buyers alike from stores like amazon, Walmart and more. Dimension is 25 x 7 x 7 inches, weights only 14lbs. Explore the outdoors with the latest in tent technology from CORE Equipment!
- Sleeps 6 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height: 72
- Easy to setup & handle
- Has storage pocket for interior organization.
- Includes rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag.
- Very Affordable
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vent
- 1 year warranty.
- Features gear loft with lantern hook and pockets to keep items organized and off the tent floor
- Hooks seem like a weak point. I would have preferred them to be made of metal.
- Rain fly may not go low enough. Will need to exchange in this case.
As you probably already know, Coleman is one of the better brands that you can go with when it comes tooutdoor products and you are going to find that it is especially true when it comes to looking for a reciprocating saw such as this one.
TIP: Be sure to bring a couple of large black trash bags to put the tent into if you have to break camp while it is still raining. That prevented a huge wet mess inside the car when I departed the camp site.
- Highest positive reviews for 2 person tent.
- This tent is inexpensive, light weight, easy to erect, and does it's job quite well.
- It assembles in about 3 to 5 minutes (if you've done it once or twice).
- The instructions are a perfect guide if you cannot remember the 3 easy steps.
- Easy for backpacking.
- Very good price for this best coleman tent.
- You would need a backpacking backpack, it won't fit inside a regular sized backpack. I'm sure you could strap it on the outside of a regular one though. Doesn't come with straps but the bag has handles so you could strap it on by putting a rope or whatever through those.
7. Coleman steel creek fast pitch dome tent with screen room, 6 person Review
While I already talked about the COLEMAN brand a little bit in the review above, you’re going to find that Core, NTK tents are also one of the better brands you can go with as they also offer value, quality.
This high quality tent is very durable according many reviewers online. It measures 10 x 9 feet with 10- x 5-foot screen room; accommodates 2 queen-sized airbeds.
The tent bag is 2 ft long and is about 1 ft high and 1 ft wide with the tent packed in it. This Coleman tent has back wall always open. there's no window to zip up. the tent is really designed to run with the rain fly on it all the time.
Shipping weight is 20lb. Inverted seams increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent. A zipper cuff made of weather-resistant fabric adds protection from the elements to the door. Welding-inspired technology strengthens the tent floor and eliminates needle holes.
Coleman steel creek outdoor tent is engineered to be a stronger, more wind-responsive frame with redesigned poles and guy-out triangles.
- Sets up in about 7 minutes.
- This is fast pitch tent with bug-free lounging and extra ventilation.
- It has Extended window awnings.
- E-Port to bring electrical power into your tent.
- Storage pocket for organization.
- Poles are color coded for simplicity which I have not seen in other tent.
- Compact and lightweight
- Very spacious for 6 people.
- 42% off as of today when this review is being written!
- No needle holes required.
Guide: How To Choose The Best Camping Tents
How to Choose Camping Tents?
Before you purchase any tent, it is important to go through a few things that will help you make the best decision. Find out some of the things that you should know before buying the best camping tent.
Size / Space.
One of the most important factors to consider is the size of tent you need. Price varies according to size. You will find 1 to 2 person beautiful tents to 10 people or more accommodating tents. So decide size first.
Weight height of tent.
I shall add this, camping tent's weight and height matter very much because you will carry this tent to the picnic location and obviously need to confirm it fits into you Van or you will not be a happy camper.
3 season or 4 season camping tents.
I have one tent for winter and another one for rest of the year. 3 season camping tents (spring, summer, fall) are lightweight and tend to be cooler in hot weather. 4 season camping tents (winter) can withstand snow and high winds but are expensive.
One door or two doors.
One door is perfect for small size tents, specially 2 to 3. But more than will definitely need 2 doors to avoid night time toilet jostling and crawling.
Single wall or double design.
Single wall camping tents are cheaper but may not withstand heavy winds as they are extremely light and may not have good ventilation. Double wall tents have a main section and rain-fly, single wall designs do away with the rain-fly. Most double wall tents have 2 doors too!
Choose tents with clips or sleeves.
The clip method allows maximum air circulation between walls and is very easy to set up. Sleeves on the other hand are slightly stronger.
Pay Attention to weight & Packability.
As simple as it is, Weight is the most important consideration. Decide weather you want to backpack your camping tent which will likely be made from lightweight materials or no plans to backpack which means you can buy outdoor tent with strong heavy material which will also help during harsh windy seasons. Of-course heavy tent are more durable too.
Other considerations would be adequate guy lines, adequate rainfly, strong well sliding zippers, types of poles (like fiber glass, aluminium, steel), tents with double stitching or folded seams.
A best tent uses noseeum meshing material for keeping those nasty little bugs out.
How to make tent waterproof?
Make Your Line
Now that your blade and your saw is set up and adjusted, you want to once again make sure that you have drawn the line that you are going to cut along for your circle. If you want it to have a perfect circular curve, make sure that you use some kind of perfectly cylindrical object that you can draw around to make your line. If you want to use a different shape, use an object that has the shape and dimensions that you need.
Drill a Hole
Before you actually start cutting, you need to make sure that you drill a hole into the inside edge of the shape that you are about to cut. This will give you your access point of where you are going to insert your reciprocating saw.
If you cautiously follow these buying recommendations I have stipulated above, you shouldn't find this venture difficult at all. You should be in a position to choose the top quality outdoor tent for your family outing.
I have reviewed only the best ones so whether you want a heavy duty or a lightweight 1 person tent. The above guidelines should help you for an ideal picnic tents or for any outdoor occasions, in the long run, it is down to your desires. So choose the best value for your money.
Suggested items to bring with you:
Not really needed, but just FYI.
1. Tarps to set the tent up on to protect the bottom.
2. Horse or packing blankets for the inside floor of the tent.
3. Small broom and dust pan to clean out the tent before packing it up.
4. Small battery operated lantern to hang from the tent ceiling.
Check below best selling camping accessories.